Hiratsuka - Lawrence
Sister City Connections
The Friends of Lawrence group in Hiratsuka is actively promoting connections between organizations and individual citizens in Lawrence, Kansas and Hiratsuka, Japan. Can you help?
- The Sister Cities International program mission is to create
citizen-to-citizen networks that transcend national boundaries and
promote international friendships.
Programs start with city-official to city-official contacts, then
city-guided but citizen-run, finally blossoming into direct citizen-to-citizen contacts.
- We are now continuing the second phase with the Friends of Lawrence organization in Hiratsuka, after our October 16-20th 1996 trip to Lawrence.
- We are beginning the third phase with the FOL-FOH Mailing List, your direct line to citizen to citizen communication. Do you belong to an organization looking for a Sister-City counterpart group? Ask here. Just want information? Ask here. Want to know who in Lawrence is taking part in the program? Ask here.
- Information on how the program got started between Lawrence and
Hiratsuka, and a short summary of
events so far (last updated 7/96) between the cities.
- Looking for basic Hiratsuka information?
- Hiratsuka Calendar
- Information about the Hiratsuka International Exchange
Association (HIEA) and current HIEA
- Contact information so YOU can connect with other interesting people and groups in Lawrence and Hiratsuka or Japan to create your own connections
(We need some help here! - if you are from Lawrence or
Hiratsuka or have connections thereabouts, please sign the
guestbook or send me (Kevin Sullivan, email@example.com some E-mail!)
- Other organizations and businesses with a presence in Hiratsuka, or links to surrounding cities, areas, etc are on our major links page.
- Contribute to the Suggestion Box - we
aren't geniuses, clairvoyant, or omniscient here, and would
appreciate your inspirational flashes that can help further
develop the relationship. Keep in mind, we are all volunteers
and always looking for good ideas, and manpower to implement them....
PSSST! Please help spread the word to everyone that may be interested in connecting with an appropriate interest group from their Sister City Hiratsuka or Lawrence. Print
it out, pass it around, put it on the bulletin board at work, at the grocery store, laundromat, cafeteria, forward the URL, etc.
It feels great knowing you had a part in hooking people up, and we over here in Hiratsuka will appreciate the exposure and possibilites you create by simply passing along the information.
June 21, 1997
C. 1997, Kevin Sullivan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Base URL: http://www2.gol.com/users/csr-kts