HIEA is a city-supported amity promotion society that supports a
wide range of multicultural activities for local and international
citizens living in Hiratsuka.
This association was founded in 1994. It consists of 191 individuals, 22 organizations, and 4 international members.
HIEA is now online, with web pages in Japanese and English. Mail HIEA.
Planning for the 10 year anniversary is underway, with citizen exchanges from Lawrence to come during the Tanabata festival in July, 2000, and citizens from Hiratsuka visiting Lawrence in October. Watkins Museum will be providing space for a Japanese garden.
The five steering committees:
- publishes quarterly news letters
- Reports of events
- Introduction of foriegn residents in Hiratsuka
- Interpretation / Translation
- Volunteer services are avaliable for English and Chinese.
- Makes arrangements to provide homestay families for visiting groups
- Event / Program Planning
- Coordinate events:
- Japanese Language Teaching
- Locations and Times
- Tuesday 19:30 - 20:45 Kyoiku Kaikan (Community center near central library)
- Friday 14:00 - 16:00 MN building 11th floor (near train station), and 19:00 - 20:30 Kinrokaikan (Community center behind main Post Office)
- Saturday 19:00 - 20:30
Contact information / Joining HIEA
If you are interested in our activities, please join HIEA and
form a crosscultural bridge among people in Hiratsuka.
For more information: Call the HIEA Secretarial Office c/o the
Domestic and International Friendship Exchange Department at:
- Annual Membership
- Individuals 2,000 yen (approximately USD$20)
- Organizations 10,000yen (approximately USD$100)
Matsubara Bunchosha (Matsubara Annex)
Hiratsuka, Kanagawa 254-0031
Telephone: country code 81 (463) 25-2520